Tuesday, October 5

Oh my my my....

Last weekend Ricky and I went and saw the movie Social Network. If you haven't seen it, yes I would recomend it, but not if you'd like to feel smart. As the main character precedes to crack codes and hack computers building programs in minutes and writing new codes I could help but think how incredibly computer incompitient I am! This evening has only validated my frusteration! 
I just want my blog to be cute! Is that too much to ask? haha

I'll figure it out eventually... 

Today I have two things on my mind. 
Babies and Books  oh yeah and ACN... but that never goes away.

Babies because Brooke, my co-worker and now dear friend delivered her beautiful baby girl yesterday. I was able to visit her in the hospital and am still in awe and what an amazing woman she is. Everything went great. She is now in another world. A world where it's okay to stare at her child for hours on end, a world where morning traffic is no longer a concern, a world where Hadlie is the only thing that matters right now. She is in love.  I'm so so so incredibly happy for her and yes... maybe a bit envious.

Books. Well one book. "There's a Hole in Left Field" By: Brittany Rogers
some of you know I wrote a children's book a little over a year ago.
I've always wanted to have a book published and I've never known how to go about it. I spoke with a publisher last week and found out, like any other adventure in life... it requires money! 
So I shall start saving.
The good news is, I didn't think I'd be able to do my illistrations. However with this company it will save me lots of money by illistrating myself. I'm so excited. I need to finish this. I'm the worst and not finishing things. It's so awful. 
So hold me accountable, anyone who reads this.
Thank you.... and good night baby Hadlie, welcome to your pretty world.

p/s Maybe she was playing with my future babies up there in heaven. Did you tell them I can't wait to be their mommy?

7 comments:

  1. You will be an awesome mom! I am sure your babies are waiting to come and learn and grow with you and Ricky. You are an awesome writer and illustrater too, can't wait to see your book all finished and on the shelves of "my" book store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Brit-bee you made me cry, which isn't too hard these days, but you are such a talented person! Go for it all the way! Do it! You will always regret it if you don't! Catch that train and see where it takes you! And I agree with aunt Kim you will be a great mommy when the time comes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay! I'm excited! I hope that it doesn't take toooooo long to get your book on the shelf. That will be AMAZING!!!! It's kinda neat to think about what your future kids are doing right now huh? I think about it pretty much 24/7. That and what happens to those who don't get to come here. We have some awesome experiences here and well...later. I'm way happy for you and can't wait for your book......and your babies!!!!!! Someday....

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES, im glad that you talked to someone about your book! i cant wait for you to finish it, and im even even more happy that you get to do your own drawings, no one could illistrate what your saying better than you!! Do you remember the deal we had about your book, you're so going to kill me... whoot whoot! i cant wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The starting is half the challenge so get the other half done. I've done alot of things in my life but the greatest thing I've ever done is to have children. I'm grateful for their goodness. I'm proud of their accomplishments. My grandchildren also. Just this last week I was telling someone about what Brittany can do even the etch a sketch.

    Love ya bunches Grandma Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great Brit! I was so touched by your post! I am so excited to have your book, so get going! I love hearing how you feel about things, like babies and life! You are an amazing person! I love you! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so impressed that you are going to get a book published. It is awesome that you are following your dreams . You are so Great and I miss you . I can't wait for you to get your book on the shelf ...I will buy one for each of my boys and myself.

    ReplyDelete