They started the pitosin shortly after we checked into the hospital room. Our Dr. came in and broke my water around 12 pm, and told us he had a movie to get to that night, Harry Potter, lol. I sure didn't mind though, I was ready. We thought for sure we'd have a baby that day. 8 hours later, around 7 that evening I was given an epidural, thanks heavens! I progressed very slowly through the night, it wasn't until 5:00am on July 15th, the nurse decided it was time to start pushing. I pushed for an hour and a half before our little fur ball arrived. Everything I've ever heard about labor and delivery had been confirmed. It was truly the hardest, craziest, most exhausting, amazing, beautiful thing I have ever experienced. I will never forget the moment they laid that sweet, (heavy) baby boy on my chest. He cried for about 30 seconds then in my arms he relaxed. That sweet moment will never forget.
![]() | |
| Coen Anthony Franco born 6:25 am 7-15-11 9lbs 9oz |
Coen is two months old tomorrow. I can't believe how fast it's gone. He's just amazing. Again, everything I've heard about motherhood is completely and absolutely true. You give up your body, your sleep, your size 7 1/2 shoes.. lol. But you are given so much more. I seriously melt inside when his face lights up with a grin. The past few days I've been greeted with a smile when I find him fussing in his bed. He is happy to see me! He knows I'm his mom. He knows I'm food... lol. If any of you have seen pictures or met this little chunk you'll know he knows how to eat. Not getting enough nutrition has never been a concern of ours. I always though I wanted a small baby. They're so sweet and tiny, and easier to pack around. But now, I wouldn't trade this little chunk for any thing! He's been so healthy and happy. We are truly blessed to be the parents of this "little" guy.







amen sista I feel the same way! Can you believe our babies are 2 months its crazy how fast it goes! and you look adorable and yay for big chubby babies they are the BEST!
ReplyDeleteso cute!! and congrats. motherhood is such a wonderful blessing but getting there can sometimes be anything but easy!! he is perfect :) glad you are enjoying every second of it :)
ReplyDeleteI love little coen! He is sooo cute! I can't wait to love on him!!
ReplyDeleteAhh...Brit...some parts almost made me cry because I so feel you. Babies are the best. He is very cute.
ReplyDeleteOH I can't wait to kiss that little guy! He is adorable Brit!
ReplyDeleteIts so hard keeping up on posting let alone the daily household stuff when you have a sweet baby to love on. I'm sorry you had such a rough recovery! Its so worth it huh? K, I'm serious we live close now lets get together!!!
ReplyDelete