It all started the weekend of the 9th and 10th. We decided to go to Vegas to watch my little brother rope. We drove up on Friday morning. We were able to watch him rope then go to dinner with Logan, Dad and Renee. Later that evening Emily and Tim and Josh and Nikki met us on the strip. It was great to see them and catch up.
The next morning Saturday we were pulling out of the parking garage when my driver... no names, backed the front end of my car into a pillar! What an awful noise. The rest of our day was a bit solemn.
The day passed as we tried not to think of my clef lipped Acura. Sunday morning we were more than ready to get out of town. But the "party" had just begun! Our brakes went out.
Tuesday I take my car to the shop. As I'm driving there Ricky calls me to let me know his car just died on him.
To make a long, probably kinda boring, story short...
Brittany had friend w/ AAA toe Ricky and car to shop.
Shop tells Ricky, $275
Boys at work tell Ricky, You Fix Yourself
Ricky and Brittany make it home, carless
Ricky and Brittany both find rides to work
Brittany picks up car, $560 later
Ricky tries fixing car..... bad idea
Ricky drives a mile, car dies again
Toe Truck... $100
Brake Masters quote for Ricky, $780
Moral of story
Don't go to Vegas!
In the midst of all this car craziness my manager of 2 years announced he would be stepping down. Because of the changes at UOP they couldn't hire a new one so they split us and sent us to new teams. It was a very bitter sweet move. I've grown to love many of these people, some I've been working with for about 4 years now. Though I'll still get to see many of them daily, it will not be the same. Looking at this positively, I'm excited to meet new people, to be under new, more tenured management and I look forward to seeing what will happen in my future. I am also starting school again in January!
| Team Christmas Party |
All in all we're alive. Our cars run and we had a very Merry Christmas.
We drove to Snowflake Thursday night to spend some time with Dad and Renee. Friday we went to Heber and made tamales with Grandma Lynette. I think we mad over 200 tamales. We even put the boys to work. Ofcourse we expected a lot from Ricky, being hispanic and all, luckily he didn't let us down. Logan tried teaching us all spanish and we came up with some pretty crazy baby names.. our favorite being a mixture of Dana, my mom and Sandra, Ricky's mom. Ready for this one... DANDRA. Isn't it just beautiful? lol
That night we played games at my mom's house and opened our new pajamas. Christmas morning we opened gifts ate a yummy breakfast then drove to Tucson. Christmas with the Francos was also great. We had a gift exchange and a game of White Elephant, more laughing, reminiscing and lots of movie watching.
Baby updates: I've still been feeling great, except for the occasional tummy ache in the evenings. Nothing that keeps me from eating my favorite dinner or has be doubled over the toilet. I am still counting myself lucky. We have our second doctor appointment on Wednesday. I can't wait to see the changes in my little baby.
I hope everyone had a Wonderful Christmas and is looking forward to a Happy 2011!


Fun to see what you have been up to. Sorry about the car trouble, that part is not fun. Looks like you had a great Christmas. Sure love you guys!
ReplyDelete